background

Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Be still my soul and know that I am God

Hola familia y amigos! 

I hope this finds you all doing great! This week was fabulous!!! First off we got Kety and Alex MARRIED!!!!!!!! It was the best they are so cute! We had opposition in everything getting them married.

2 Nephi 2:11 For it must needs be, that there is an opposition in all things. If not so, my firstborn in the wilderness, righteousness could not be brought to pass, neither wickedness, neither holiness nor misery, neither good nor bad. Wherefore, all things must needs be a compound in one; wherefore, if it should be one body it must needs remain as dead, having no life neither death, nor corruption nor incorruption, happiness nor misery, neither sense nor insensibility.

 is what we reminded ourselves of the whole time. The paper work did not want to work at all and we walked and walked and corrected and prayed and prayed and prayed and prayed some more that we would be able to get them married. And, on Friday they were married and are now living the law of chastity!! Yay! They are so happy! And this Saturday is their baptism! This past Saturday Alexandra, a 10 year old girl was baptized!!!!! She is adorable and so smart, she reads her scriptures and understands them! Her mom will be rescued this week and not be Menos activo anymore. Yay. We gave her a little headband after her baptism and she wore it on Sunday for her confirmation and looked so cute! I love her! She is a light. Literally. She is so happy and spunky, she reminds me of miss Anna Joy! haha. A pure joy.
Anna Joy taking upside down pics. Happy and Spunky that is for sure!
Since she hasn't sent any pics and it is kind of boring to just read without any visual I decided to add her pre-mission photos. They are cute and who knows you may end up seeing all of them by the end of her mission! Maybe it will make her send the pics faster! 

This past Sunday was awesome we had lots of investigators there for the second week in a row and guess what? haha. Us missionaries got to speak in sacrament! I went first, I love being able to try to speak. I smiled as I spoke and was happy so hopefully they felt my love for them. But while I was trying to speak , in Spanish, I looked into the crowd and saw our investigators, we had 2 couples yay, families are the best anyway, Kety and Alex and Carmen and Carlos with their little girls and then Noemi brought her little girls, Alexandra was in the crowd as well as some others. I just thought of be still my soul and know that I am God. God doesn’t need our help in this work, He can do it all by Himself. But, he allows us to come on missions and change and become better and to be chastened and grow. It’s like the talk by Elder Christopherson from April 2011 conference. The bush that says thank you little gardener for loving me enough for cutting me down. Missions are hard I don't know how to explain it but they are literally the best thing ever. I don’t want to be anywhere else in the world right now. I love Cañete and Perú! 

It’s like the scripture that says when you lose yourself in the work of the Savior you will find yourself, i cant remember the scripture ref. sorry. mom can you find it. I read it this week anyway take this little sentence out haha thanks! Anyway, as we lose ourselves we´ll be found. (Not sure what she wants, but here is what I foundJ, I left the sentence in because I thought it was cute that she was giving me an assignment, even from Perú she still needs her mom!)

 Matthew 10:39 aHe that findeth his life shall blose it: and he that closeth hisdlife for my sake shall find it.

Mosiah 2:17  And behold, I tell you these things that ye may learn awisdom; that ye may learn that when ye are in the bservice of your cfellowbeings ye are only in the service of your God.

OR President Thomas S. Monson repeats what the Savior said—that in order to find purpose in life, lose yourself in the service of others.
“Those who live only for themselves eventually shrivel up and figuratively lose their lives, while those who lose themselves in service to others grow and flourish—and in effect save their lives," he says.

Its true and I have a testimony of this the restored gospel of Jesus Christ. When we live the gospel we are truly happy. We as humans are really so small when you think about it but Heavenly Father Loves each one of us and helps each one of us. Pray to Him and He WILL answer!!! I know He loves us, President Monson said in Oct 2013 that Love is ALWAYS there when we need it. It is simply always there. I love this gospel. I love all of you! Thanks for your support and prayers and letters! We are doing great here in Cañete! Until next week! Remember that you are a son or daughter of a King. 

Love,
Hermana Bott


 Someday pics will come, but I haven’t even mailed the SD card yet. Too busy!

No comments:

Post a Comment