background

Wednesday, April 2, 2014

5 Reasons Why I love Cañete



*Many people have asked whether Emily was in the part of Peru that was affected by the Chile earthquake. We don't have any answers. She is up the coastline about 100 miles. We are sure she felt it, but won't know anything till next week. She has said that she feels tremors all the time though.

This week was great!!!! I have learned so much!! On p-day we went to this old castle. It was awesome!!!!! I loved it, I´ll send pics when I get a converter, hopefully today. Anyway, we went into the dungeon and it was pitch black. I’m pretty sure there were rats and spiders everywhere but only in Peru could I do that!!!!! It’s awesome! This week hna Merren and I went to lima for my migration papers. It was so weird. I realized how much I missed Cañete and didn’t want to go to Lima!! Crazy how I take for granted the simpleness of life here in Cañete. The people are great. Here are five reasons I love Cañete:

1.   Chacras (small farm or ranch) are beautiful.
2.   Playa or beach
                                     
      3.  Rios or rivers
      4.  The members are amazing
      5.  We have a very united zone

Doctrine and Covenants 84:88.  88 And whoso areceiveth you, there I will be also, for I will gobbefore your face. I will be on your right hand and on your left, and my cSpirit shall be in your hearts, and mine dangels round about you, to bear you up.

This week we taught a lot of families!! Our prayers are being answered. We met with familia Ja. They are an older couple that had the missionaries over a few years ago when elders were in our area. At the time the elders were teaching them the husband got a disease that made him a vegetable but then the elders gave him a blessing and he started to heal! Amazing!!! What a miracle!!! Anyway they were really interested in the gospel and wanted to progress but then the elders were taken out and they lost contact. The Ja. even went to the house of the elders because they wanted to learn more about the gospel!! Anyway, a member referred us to them and so we taught them and they are interested and want to read the book of Mormon. We also met Maggie, she is single with one cute little girl, she came to church on Sunday!!! Prayer answered! She is so amazing I’m excited to work with her this week!! There is opposition in all things! On Saturday literally almost no one was home and we had had a harder week because we went to Lima and lost 2 days of proselyting. However, we met with familia Ru., a less active family, and their daughter Mae, who is 22, is awesome! We asked Mae to come on visits with us and she did! Her testimony is so strong! I love her!! She also came to church on Sunday for the first time in a long time. She asked when she could come on visits with us again!! Wooooh! Miracle! Literally.
In 2 Sunday’s I get to teach gospel principles..... in Spanish..... hahahaha. It’s going to be great, its lesson 15 el pueblo del convenio del Senor (The Lord’s Covenant People). Way excited to teach! Good learning experience and I’m sure I’ll have great stories afterwards!!! Missionary work is not easy but it’s great. I look dumb a lot of the time because I don’t understand sometimes so I just smile and hope they know that I care about them!!! you just have to take it with a grain of salt haha. Great life stories and adventures. Life’s a climb, you get a little better every day!!!! I love the mission!!! 

Miracle of the Week: Mae R. came with us on visits and came to church and she wants to come again!!!!!!! Ahh it’s the best!
Love,

Hermana Bott

No comments:

Post a Comment