background

Monday, December 15, 2014

One year older and wiser too! I'm 20...it's Crazy! tengo veinte!!

Emily's 20th Birthday Cake!

Well, I guess it’s the big day... It feels like a normal missionary p-day which I love! To quote Hermana Nielsen, I do feel one year older and wiser too! I guess that’s what happens on a mission. I couldn’t have ever learned as much about the gospel, people, culture, food, studying, the scriptures, how to be more organized, use money wiser and the list goes on and on and on... if I hadn’t come on a mission. I’m so glad I came. 
Ayacucho rains

The time flies bye!! YES it is HARD. But it’s supposed to be hard. Christ died for us, it was hard for Him, He didn’t want to do it at first but He did. He drank the bitter cup and did the Lords will. If we go to Him for help He will give us peace and comfort. 
taking turns wearing the boots.

Matt. 11 28-30.
28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest . 
29Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart : and ye shall find rest unto your souls. 
30For my yoke is easy , and my burden is light.   
Christmas Tree

Yes, I have got a long, long, long way to go before I’m anywhere near perfect. But I’m working on changing. That is the beautiful thing about the mission. YOU CAN CHANGE. It doesn’t matter who you were before. This is the time to forget yourself and help others and CHANGE. Change is a vital part in the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Christ CHANGES hearts and lives. I’ve seen it here in Peru, in my life, in the lives of my companions. As we look to Him, He will help us change. We can receive help as we have Faith in Him and His Atonement. I have a list of Atonement scriptures that I’ve been reading and it’s amazing to read them every morning and study them. I love the gospel. At the end of the day when I feel that I have done everything good that day I feel good. If I haven’t done it to excellence I do better the next day. Abe Lincoln said When I do good I feel good. When I do bad I feel bad. 
 
Carmen and Juan with the missionary who baptized them
This week was great! We went to the Temple with 4 CR!!! It was the best, each had their own personalized test to conquer the week before we left.
I think Hna Bott, Gabriella, Hna Nielsen and Edgar #SharetheGift 

Gabriela a test on Saturday and she had to talk to her teacher and her teacher said no, then said yes. We prayed that she would have the gift of tongues... interesting huh. The teacher changed their mind when she went back in to talk! Edgar, his bus left him in Pisco and he had to find another bus to Lima. Juan and Carmen, a couple, money for tickets and time! I love to see the temple!

I saw Hermana Bailey she was there with a group from Ica. BEST present EVER!!!! 
Hermana Bailey and Hermana Bott, very 1st companion

I also saw Clark Sandholtz at Subway... it was weird.. the first person from Kaysville I’ve seen in a long time. He’s the financial Elder in Lima East
Elder Sandholz is next to Hna Bott. They were high school friends. I think she was taken off guard at seeing him. Davis is everywhere!


Anyway have a good week!

Love,
Hermana Bott


No comments:

Post a Comment