background

Monday, December 8, 2014

Happy Birthday Hermana Nielsen!!! It's gonna be a White Christmas! AKA At the Temple...

Hello everyone!! 
Feliz Navidad-Merry Christmas from Peru

So this week was good but our numbers were the worst I’ve had in my whole mission!!! But we will do better this week! 
As you will see Hermana's will be Hermana's...here is the Christmas p-day Photo Shoot

This week Miseal, he is the son of the Torres family, came and sat by me on Sunday and said, “I missed you sooo much!!!” He is so cute! My heart melted!!! We had intercambios with Hermana Jimenez and Hermana Bailey! We went to Lima and Concilio! I was SOOOO tired! We have the trip on Friday again to go to the temple (the trip to the temple takes about 10 hours on switch back roads from the mountains of Ayacucho to Lima Perú). The enabling and strengthening power of the Atonement right! El es la dadiva, He is the Gift campaign, is SO beautiful!
Observe the scenery

Hermana Nielsen is 20!!!!!!!! Today!!!!! I got the Package!!!!!!!!!!! It rained hard and I had boots!!! (She asked for rain boots because it has torrential rains in the mountains of Ayacucho, and lots of bugs)  
a lot of Hermanas sharing Christmas Joy

Hermana Nielsen braided one of the little girls hair from the family Machaca! Aaron Torres is walking! IT hailed like CRAZY on Saturday!!
Those would be the ornaments from home, made with love by Ruth and me:) Paper ships well light and foldable

We will be celebrating both our birthdays today because next week we’re going to Quinua* and we won’t have time to do anything... I’m excited!!! Yay!!

So the Christmas devotional was amazing yesterday! Christ heals!!! I just.... it’s amazing... I can’t express how happy I was yesterday. The people here NEED the gospel.
Should I worry this is where my daughter is? I want to say RUN! But of course this is a gift for Ruth not me

It’s so sad. I’m sitting in an internet cafe right now with 6-14 year old boys playing video games and not doing good things... they probably don’t live with parents either. It’s so sad. The world needs LOVE!!! Pure Christ Like love is what is needed!! So from what I felt last night from the devotional:

1 LOVE
2 Living after the Pattern of the Saviors life
3 Doing the will of the Father

The story of the little boy Ethan touched my heart and I teared up. I was reminded so much of Sarah and of all the kindness that our family received... like the playhouse we still have... neighbors putting in sprinklers... a trip to Disney world... 2 aunts and grandparents helping us have fun... love from our neighbors... a beautiful simple Christmas... I am so excited to have a simple Christmas this year, like the one we had with Sarah. I have to admit here there is not a Christmas Spirit. So Hermana Nielsen and I are going to be scattering and sprinkling it EVERYWHERE we go... I loved the story by Sister Oscarson as well. 

I love this quote I changed it a little bit...

There is no enjoyment like Reading the book of Mormon...

Jane Austin (Not sure what she means by this one I don’t remember it, maybe Jane Austin said what she changed)

Light!! The Light of Christ

Doctrine and Covenants 50:24 24 That which is of God is light; and he that receiveth light, and continueth in God, receiveth more light; and that light groweth brighter and brighter until the perfect day.
This is the pic Anna sent Emily, 3 sisters holding bouquets at Emily's wedding and it says "Sisters Forever" No Emily does not have a boyfriend! I think Annie might be getting a little ahead of things

He is the Light and the life of the world. I felt so impressed as the choir and the orchestra played yesterday... Heavenly Fathers children are SOOO talented and blessed!!! 

3 Nefi 27:27 And know ye that ye shall be judges of this people, according to the judgment which I shall give unto you, which shall be just. Therefore, what manner of men ought ye to be? Verily I say unto you, even as I am.

Love you have a great week!
Hermana Bott

Miracle of the week! He is the Gift! And this week we’re going to the temple!!!
I love this one. Look at the dirt road, not easy walking. The little village in the background and the companionship comradery


* Quinua is a small town in the province of Huamanga, in Peru's central highland department of Ayacucho, 37 km (23 mi) from the city of Huamanga (Ayacucho), at an altitude of 3,300 meters (10,830 ft), which today serves as the administrative capital of the district of the same name. It is noted as the site of the 1824 Battle of Ayacucho.

No comments:

Post a Comment