| Hna Zambrano and Hna Bott in Chorrillos |
So, we hit a slow spot this week and it was SOOOOOOOOOO hard. But we relied on the enabling power of the Atonement and we ended the week really good!!! Hermana Zambrano and I LOVE to work hard. She is so diligent. I really seriously LOOOOOVE her. She is my sister.
So, we found several less active families to teach. One of them, Familia R. Oh wow they are awesome! They have been less active for a while and the mom's sister is in our ward and is great! She told us that her sister hasn't wanted to come back to the church for many years! We went and visited with the family and she was so excited and determined to come to church! Seriously it was awesome! The Spirit and the Atonement changes people. Now, their daughter Alexi has a baptism for the 20th of September!! I love to see the changes in families! The gospel changes people.
| Familia Chavez, their pensionista and landlord |
| Lomo Salatado, sooo yummy! It has french fries with beef and veggies! Usually served on top of rice as well. Our whole family loves it. |
QUOTE: The past is to be learned from but not lived in. We look back to claim the embers from glowing experiences but not the ashes. And when we have learned what we need to learn and have brought with us the best that we have experienced, then we look ahead, we remember that faith is always pointed toward the future. quote from Elder Holland, Remember Lots Wife
| Just another example of the crazy things missionaries do in Perú. Wonder if they were driving this. She didn't give me an explanation |
I know that the Atonement allows us to change!!! Thank you for your love and prayers!!!!
2 Nephi 25:26
And we talk of Christ, we rejoice in Christ, we preach of Christ, we prophesy of Christ, and we write according to our prophecies, that our children may know to what source they may look for a remission of their sins.
Matthew 11:28 30 28
¶ Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest .
29Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart : and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
30For my yoke is easy , and my burden is light.
3 Nephi 12:19-24
And behold, I have given you the law and the commandments of my Father, that ye shall believe in me, and that ye shall repent of your sins, and come unto me with a broken heart and a contrite spirit. Behold, ye have the commandments before you, and the law is fulfilled.
20Therefore come unto me and be ye saved; for verily I say unto you, that except ye shall keep my commandments , which I have commanded you at this time, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.
21Ye have heard that it hath been said by them of old time, and it is also written before you, that thou shalt not kill , and whosoever shall kill shall be in danger of the judgment of God;
22But I say unto you, that whosoever is angry with his brother shall be in danger of his judgment. And whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council; and whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.
23Therefore, if ye shall come unto me, or shall desire to come unto me, and rememberest that thy brother hath aught against thee—
24Go thy way unto thy brother, and first be reconciled to thy brother, and then come unto me with full purpose of heart, and I will receive you.
Miracle of the Week: seeing the Lords hand in His work.
LOVE
Hermana Bott
No comments:
Post a Comment