Hello All!!!
Well, to start out here is a funny story. This week we had really low numbers and pretty much all of our lessons fell through. We even called to confirm them.... hahaha ya but they all fell through.
We did a lot of contacting in the street. There was one family that I initiated a contact with and it turns out they were missionaries for testigos de jehovah (Jehovah Witness). It was awkwardly funny before I realized who they were the guy asked me if I wanted a pamphlet but I was trying to share a pamphlet with him...we had a good laugh.
Also, we ate with gissel last night and it was super yummy. She is in charge of family history and she is awesome!
So, I want to share a scripture with all of you:
1 nephi 21:14-16
14 But, behold, Zion hath said: The Lord hath forsaken me, and my Lord hath forgotten me—but he will show that he hath not.
This scripture has deep meaning to me. The Savior and God know us, each one of us.
This past Saturday we had sun!!! All day long! It was great! And after 2 reallllllly hard weeks for me it was refreshing to have sun.
The parellel that I would like to point out is the warmth and the refreshing start we have because of the Son of God. Because of His Atonment we can change and be changed from our natural state, the natural man or woman
19 For the natural man is an enemy to God, and has been from the fall of Adam, and will be, forever and ever, unless he yields to the enticings of the Holy Spirit, and putteth off the natural man and becometh a saint through the atonement of Christ the Lord, and becometh as a child, submissive, meek, humble, patient, full of love, willing to submit to all things which the Lord seeth fit to inflict upon him, even as a child doth submit to his father.
We can feel at peace in a world that is not at peace. This week Hermana Zambrano and I had a little contention. We didnt yell, dont worry, but we didn't have the spirit. And, it was a pivotal point for me because I had to ask myself why I was letting the contention get in the way of the work of Salvation.
The Lord has given us many tools to be happy and peaceful in the world like the scriptures, church, etc. But the reason that we read, pray, go to church, serve, etc. is to have the spirit. The spirit is amazing.
Moroni 10:5
You are loved by a loving Heavenly Father. Pray to Him and seek revelation from Him.
I love you all!!
Hermana Bott
Miracle of the Week We had sun on Saturday and this Saturday the misionaries from the CCM (Perú MTC) in Perú are coming and we are going to rescue the lost members!
*Emily and I were emailing back and forth and Alan reminded her that the warmth of the Son was in Mary's Lullaby, a song written for me and Sarah by our dear friend Shauna Snell. She asked me to send it to her. I thought you might be interested in reading it as well.
Mary's Lullaby
Baby Sarah, how I love you. You came from
above,
Sent with all the Lord’s love to me-
Every time you smile, you make my life
worthwhile,
Every moment you’re here I feel angels near.
(Chorus) Baby Sarah, go to sleep, close your
eyes, little one.
Feel the warmth on your cheeks from the Son.
No more needles, no more pain, as I softly
sing your name.
Rock-a-bye, please don’t cry, Baby Sarah.
Baby Sarah, how I love you. I’ll always be
here,
There’s no need to fear, little one-
You have taught me much. I’ve felt the
Savior’s touch.
As your eyes shine bright full of heaven’s light.
Baby Sarah, how I love you. Your strength
though you’re small,
Is a lesson to all who see.
Little Sarah, Baby Sarah,
You mean the world to me!
No comments:
Post a Comment