background

Tuesday, July 29, 2014

As Nephi of Old

Hello all of you!!

Well this week was great!!!!!!!!!!! Seriously Chorrillos is the best. I love it. So Hermana Galo and I are working on finding investigators because we don’t have very many right now. haha. So we had this great presentation or talk yesterday in ward council about how this is the members and not us and we set goals for the ward to achieve this year. These are their goals. They want 31 baptisms and right now we have 7. We have a lot of work ahead but with the members and missionaries we can do it!!!!!!!!! We watched the video from England about the bishop and how they had a lot of success. The member’s job is to find, the missionaries job is to teach! So, we found this great parable in the bible in John 4: 35 to 38.


35 Say not ye, There are yet four months, and then cometh harvest? behold, I say unto you, Lift up your eyes, and look on the fields; for they are white already to harvest.
 36 And he that reapeth receiveth wages, and gathereth fruit unto life eternal: that both he that soweth and he that reapeth may rejoice together.
 37 And herein is that saying true, One soweth, and another reapeth.
 38 I sent you to reap that whereon ye bestowed no labour: other men laboured, and ye are entered into their labours.


The moral of this parable is that the sowers are the members and the reapers are the missionaries. The members have all of these neighbors’ friends and family that have had seeds planted for years and then the missionaries reap when the members invite and introduce their friends to the gospel. It is the way the Lord wants His work done. So, as a missionary how are we going to achieve this... We are going to:

first work hard.

Second teach the message of the Restored Gospel clear, simple and with power so that families can be baptized and sealed in the TEMPLE in one year. AND teach about the power of the book of Mormon.

 I love Doctrine and Covenants 33: 8 and 16:
8 Open your mouths and they shall be filled, and you shall become even as Nephi of old, who journeyed from Jerusalem in the wilderness.

 16 And the Book of Mormon and the holy scriptures are given of me for your instruction; and the power of my Spirit quickeneth all things


 SEE YOURSELF IN THE BOOK OF MORMON. Apply the stories to your life. We are working on helping our investigators see themselves in the book of Mormon. It’s our instructions from God and He loves us. I know He loves His children. I love all of you. Sorry this is short but this keyboard is sticky and hard to write with. ahhahahahah. Gotta love Peru. I love you!!!!!!!!!!!!! Missionary life is the best! 

Miracle of the week President and Hermana Douglas are the mission pres and wife. They’re the best.

Oh and yesterday we had pancakes and there is this really good hot chocolate here called cacao its goooooooood. Also this other drink called jugo de ocas. It was good. I LOVE YOU

Love
Hermana Bott
Doctrine and Covenants 18:15 And if it so be that you should labor all your days in crying repentance unto this people, and bring, save it be one soul unto me, how great shall be your joy with him in the kingdom of my Father!


No comments:

Post a Comment