background

Monday, July 21, 2014

This Journey we call life!!! I'm in Chorrillos and I LOVE it!!!!

Hello World! 
Don't know what the paper says. But doesn't it seem like that is what she would look like on a transfer? Yep, No tonsils!

I have been transferred to Chorrillos Perú. IT is the THE BEST. I love it. I love Cañete as well and I will always have Cañete in my heart. It was where I first learned about missionary work and more about life. I love it. I have so many family members there in Cañete. Especially Familia Macha. I love them!!!! 

I'm excited to find more family here in Chorrillos. It is beautiful!! Seriously! the architecture is so beautiful 
Chorillos from Google

La Encantada is an area we have and it is soooo pretty. Google it!!! 

Surco Perú

Also, serco peru. We have playa (beach) in our area. We woke up at 6 and went running ohhhh so beautiful we were running on the beach  in Perú! Wow. Hna Galo is so awesome. She is always so happy and loving and I am so excited to learn from her. You have pics of her from the first transfer because she was in my zone!!!!!!! the first pics from Parque Zonal she is there. Anyway, I

Hna Galo is one of these Hermana's not sure which one:)
love her. We're going to have success here in Chorrillos. Our mission leader is awesome he is helping with the temples in Trujillo and Concepcion Chile, his company is the architects. The bishop's daughter is 19 and her birthday is Dec. 16! Wow! How close to mine! She is so cute! I love her. She also knows English because she lived in Utah while she worked at Snowbird for a little while. 
Hna Merren and Hna Bott on their journey


One thing I have noticed here: Everyone in this life is on a journey. We all have different paths and things we learn but we are all on a journey. Rich or poor bond or free male or female. One thing I have seen is it doesn't matter how much money you have. Everyone wants to learn the truth. The mission says that Chorrillos is full of duros or hard people, but I refuse to believe it. I know that we are going to find chosen families. I believe there is  a love inside everyone. There's a love in every heart beat. and Hermana Galo and I are going to see it in EVERYONE. Everyone has Divine Potential. We are all flawed and imperfect but we have Divine Potential. God knows this and He sees us as flawed imperfect humans but with divine potential. Here are some scriptures to go along with it.

We are all imperfect human beings with divine potential



1 Nefi 10 :19. For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost , as well in these times as in times of old, and as well in times of old as in times to come; wherefore, the course of the Lord is one eternal round. 
1 nefi 11: 6, and 22 And when I had spoken these words, the Spirit cried with a loud voice, saying: Hosanna to the Lord, the most high God; for he is God over all the earth, yea, even above all. And blessed art thou, Nephi, because thou believest in the Son of the most high God; wherefore, thou shalt behold the things which thou hast desired.22 And I answered him, saying: Yea, it is the love of God, whichsheddeth itself abroad in the hearts of the children of men; wherefore, it is the most desirable above all things.
Enos 1: 3
Behold, I went to hunt beasts in the forests; and the words which I had often heard my father speak concerning eternal life, and the joy of the saints, sunk deep into my heart.
 James 1: 2 to 4 My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations ; 
3Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience . 
4But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing. 

Mosiah 24 :1-15 And it came to pass that Amulon did gain favor in the eyes of the king of the Lamanites; therefore, the king of the Lamanites granted unto him and his brethren that they should be appointed teachers over his people, yea, even over the people who were in the land of Shemlon, and in the land of Shilom, and in the land of Amulon.
 For the Lamanites had taken possession of all these lands; therefore, the king of the Lamanites had appointed kings over all these lands.
 And now the name of the king of the Lamanites was Laman, being called after the name of his father; and therefore he was called king Laman. And he was king over a numerous people.
 And he appointed teachers of the brethren of Amulon in every land which was possessed by his people; and thus the language of Nephi began to be taught among all the people of the Lamanites.
 And they were a people friendly one with another; nevertheless they knew not God; neither did the brethren of Amulon teach them anything concerning the Lord their God, neither the law of Moses; nor did they teach them the words of Abinadi;
 But they taught them that they should keep their record, and that they might write one to another.
 And thus the Lamanites began to increase in riches, and began to trade one with another and wax great, and began to be a cunning and a wise people, as to the wisdom of the world, yea, a very cunning people, delighting in all manner of wickedness and plunder, except it were among their own brethren.
 And now it came to pass that Amulon began to exerciseauthority over Alma and his brethren, and began to persecute him, and cause that his children should persecute their children.
 For Amulon knew Alma, that he had been one of the king’s priests, and that it was he that believed the words of Abinadi and was driven out before the king, and therefore he was wroth with him; for he was subject to king Laman, yet he exercised authority over them, and put tasks upon them, and put task-masters over them.
 10 And it came to pass that so great were their afflictions that they began to cry mightily to God.
 11 And Amulon commanded them that they should stop their cries; and he put guards over them to watch them, that whosoever should be found calling upon God should be put to death.
 12 And Alma and his people did not raise their voices to the Lord their God, but did pour out their hearts to him; and he did know the thoughts of their hearts.
 13 And it came to pass that the voice of the Lord came to them in their afflictions, saying: Lift up your heads and be of good comfort, for I know of the covenant which ye have made unto me; and I will covenant with my people and deliver them out of bondage.
 14 And I will also ease the burdens which are put upon your shoulders, that even you cannot feel them upon your backs, even while you are in bondage; and this will I do that ye may stand aswitnesses for me hereafter, and that ye may know of a surety that I, the Lord God, do visit my people in their afflictions.
 15 And now it came to pass that the burdens which were laid upon Alma and his brethren were made light; yea, the Lord didstrengthen them that they could bear up their burdens with ease, and they did submit cheerfully and with patience to all the will of the Lord.


The atonement is real and is not only for sinners. It is for people who live righteously and want to become better. The atonement enables us. It has an enabling power to strengthen us in trials.
Mosiah 24 14 15.
I love that scripture. I also love the talk by Elder Bednar from this past conference about burdens. I love the gospel. I love all of you. I love Chorrillos and Peru!
Ruth you are in my heart even in Perú!


Hasta Luego!

Hermana Bott

No comments:

Post a Comment