background

Monday, April 6, 2015

My life is a gift...my life has a plan

Hey so this week was good!



On Monday we traveled to Lima for concilio (council). The assistants called us and told us that we would be staying with some Hermana’s in Chorrillos. We said ok. Then 20 minutes later they called and said there’s a change of plans your now going to sleep at Hermana Nielsen and Addington’s house. 
Pretty Sure this is a slumber party!

Yes that’s right. THE Hermana Nielsen. It was so good to see her. She looked so beautiful!!! Really, She is the best!!! So while we were there we ate Lucuma yogurt for breakfast which we ate a lot of while we were together in Ayacucho haha... Then I had an Hermana Bott moment in the morning as we were getting ready to leave I was putting water into my water bottle but I pulled the knob thing wrong and like 20 kilos of water spilled on my dress.. 

Ok not that much but I was pretty wet... haha we had a good laugh. It was definitely a tender mercy from God. He really takes good care of us. It was really good to see Hermana Nielsen. 
They have missed each other. Just like sisters
 
Hermana Nielsen and Hermana Bott


Concilio was good. I loved what Hermana Douglas talked about geese. And when the geese leave the north for the south they travel in a V shape. At the front are the stronger geese and they break the wind barrier they basically alleviate the burden of the travel of the back geese who are usually the younger and a little weaker. The back geese honk to animate the front geese. We all have a role to play. All of us. We are all leaders. We are examples. We are lights to the world.
The four companions all together

Matthew 5:14Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid. 
15Neither do men light a candle , and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house. 
16Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works , and glorify your Father which is in heaven. 

 
beautiful sunset
When we are baptized we make covenants with God and promise to make others burdens lighter. To serve and lift them up along.
Mosiah 18 8-9 And it came to pass that he said unto them: Behold, here are the waters of Mormon (for thus were they called) and now, as ye are desirous to come into the fold of God, and to be called his people, and are willing to bear one another’s burdens, that they may be light;
 Yea, and are willing to mourn with those that mourn; yea, and comfort those that stand in need of comfort, and to stand as witnesses of God at all times and in all things, and in all places that ye may be in, even until death, that ye may be redeemed of God, and be numbered with those of the first resurrection, that ye may have eternal life—



Our area is in a little bit of a slow spot. But we are working hard so we will see the miracles this week! Conference was just in time! I loved it! I’ve been thinking a lot about Gods plan for us and our purpose here on earth. So I read Alma 22 and it is amazing and I loved in

Alma 22:13 And Aaron did expound unto him the scriptures from the creation of Adam, laying the fall of man before him, and their carnal state and also the plan of redemption , which was prepared from the foundation of the world, through Christ, for all whosoever would believe on his name. 
 
Hermana's Bott and Bailey on their way to concillio
Too much time on their hands during this long bus ride
 I thought of the Primary song... I can’t remember the name but it goes like this... My life is a gift my life has a plan my life has a purpose in heaven began.... I will follow Gods plan for me.



Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the Lord with all thine heart ; and lean not unto thine own understanding . 
6In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths . 


Our loving Heavenly Father has a plan perfectly shaped for us. Each and every one of us. We have agency and have the right to choose if we will follow it or not. It’s like a gameplan... Before the game we practice and practice all of the plays... it’s like pre earth life we were taught and we learned the plays... now we are in the game and are playing our parts but we have to choose to follow the game plan. I know that each one of us has a plan. I know God loves us. Alma 22 1 and Alma 22 12-14.Were all in this together. We are teammates on the same team and we know the outcome. Have a great week!

Hermana Bott

Mom can you put the rest of the song on? I couldnt remember it haha sorry :)

Other scriptures Hebrews 5:4-9

Hebrews 4 12

No comments:

Post a Comment