background

Monday, April 27, 2015

It's not a sin to be Weak! Come and Follow...

Hello! 
 
Hna Sintay(I think) and Hna Bott in Ica
Happy almost may! This has been a great week! It went by so fast. So last week we played volleyball and it was super fun! Then we had intercambios (exchanges) in Pisco. I stayed here in Ica and Hermana Muñoz came with me and Hermana Villena went with Hermana Freyre. I really enjoyed my intercambio. One thing I learned is how important it is to have passion for what you do. Our focus from President in this intercambio was to find, give audacious commitments and baptize nothing more but nothing less. I love this work. I find so much joy in helping others come unto Christ. 


On Saturday we had a lesson with Ismena, Jafet, and Milenka her daughter who’s not a member but all of her friends are. It was so good to have a lesson with them. I felt so happy. The change in them is so drastic. Jafet has especially changed. He used to be so shy and quiet. Now, he is confident and happy. Last Sunday Ismena wasnt in Ica and didn’t come to church. We thought that Jafet was with her but it turns out that her daughter Milenka was home with him. While Ismena was gone Jafet told Milenka they were going to church. They ended up going to the stake center because the moto taxista took them to the wrong church so they just stayed there. But when I heard that Jafet was so insistent in going to church I was so happy. Sacrifice is worth it.
 
Volleyball! Em has missed sports while on her mission. She asked us to give her the march madness updates on Mother's day. Oops I guess we should have given her that update a while ago
D&C 59:8-10
8 Thou shalt offer a sacrifice unto the Lord thy God in righteousness , even that of a broken heart and a contrite spirit. 
9And that thou mayest more fully keep thyself unspotted from the world, thou shalt go to the house of prayer and offer up thy sacraments upon my holy day; 

10For verily this is a day appointed unto you to rest from your labors, and to pay thy devotions unto the Most High;

 
Cleaning their apartment
We are still visiting with Leonardo and Marisol. They are doing great. Marisol is so interested in the Atonement. I love having lessons with her. Leonardo is keeping all of his commitments. The 2 lessons we had with him this week he taught us the lesson because he had prepared and read the Book of Mormon. 
 
from Ayacucho with Hna Jameson
We had a really good leaders meeting on Saturday with the zone. We were talking about what ways we could find and teach more and have more people at church. After a while of talking about how we were going to do it. One of the elders said, we all know and have all of the means to find and teach and have more people at church. I think what we lack is an understanding of the Atonement. Wow. It is so true. I definitely agree. I did the Christ like attribute activity at the back of chapter 6 in Preach My Gospel and I was sad at how low some of the numbers were. But then I realized that is why we have the Atonement. I’ll admit I felt sad after looking at that. I was thinking, I’m a missionary how can it be that low. But then I remembered the article from this month’s Ensign and it’s not a sin to be weak. Our weaknesses help us to be humble  
 
Ruth said she was sad she didn't make the blog here is a pic she sent to Em that Em took a pic of and sent home on an SD card. Just for you Ruthie:) 

Ether 12:27 And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them.

He gives us weaknesses to mold us to His will. If we are humble we will follow His plan and His son and can be perfected in His son.

Moroni 10:32 Yea, come unto Christ, and be perfected in him, anddeny yourselves of all ungodliness; and if ye shall deny yourselves of all ungodliness, and love God with all your might, mind and strength, then is his grace sufficient for you, that by his grace ye may be perfect in Christ; and if by the grace of God ye are perfect in Christ, ye can in nowise deny the power of God.
 
In Ayacucho I think. from the SD card
 I loved what our zone leader Elder Izquierdo said, We can’t do what He did (referring to Christ) but we can do it how He did it. We can strive to follow Him. To walk in His footsteps. D&C 19 23. We find peace as we follow Him. We can be followers of the most perfect person who has ever lived upon the earth.  

I also loved what our other zone leader said Elder Couch,  There’s black and white way to do everything but there’s also a choice of CoLoR!! 

Christ paid the price. His yoke is easy and His burden is light. I know He lives. He loves us. 


I love all of you! Have a great week! 
  


Love you all!

Hermana Bott

PS I’ll probably be transferred to Lima this week so I won’t email until Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment