background

Tuesday, March 17, 2015

I Stand all Amazed at His Amazing Grace



Hands down this was one of the best weeks of my mission. Wow. But you’ll have to wait I’ll tell you why it was so good later on... So first I had intercambios (exchanges) with Hermana Torres in Nasca and it was really good! She is awesome! So what I have learned this week is that Satan knows our weaknesses and attacks us and makes us think that we are the only one that has these weaknesses. Which is absolutely false.



We all have gifts and God is molding us to be Fit for His kingdom. He will mold us how He needs us to be. We just have to be fit for the Kingdom. Heavenly Father doesn’t expect perfection, just progression. (from Kelsey Coy, my mom shared this with me from their sacrament meeting)


So then this week it was super good. We worked hard and on Thursday we went and taught Ismena and her son joined us for the first time and we invited him to be baptized so he is getting baptized with his mom now on the 28th! We are so excited! I really hope we don’t have cambios (transfers) this Saturday. I want Hermana Villena to be with me for all of these baptisms! So then yesterday we went to church and a family of investigators was walking in with a member family. Ok so we both thought they were with the elders. Then like 5 minutes later we found out that they were in our area!!! YES our area! It was a mom with 5 sons! They have a dad as well but he is in Lima working right now until the end of the month. Anyway, Lourdes is the mom then Alejandro is 17. Huankin is 14. Jose Maria 12. Marcello 9. Ricardo 5. They came with Hermana Quintanilla and her family. Lourdes’ sons asked if they could start going to church because they wanted God in their lives and they wanted to go to the church where the Quintanilla family went because they were happy and their son doesn’t play sports on Sunday so they thought that was cool. They stayed for all of church and loved it! We visited them later on in the afternoon and the lesson went great! They are prepared to hear the gospel! They were asking us questions about the priesthood, and the temple. We have the end in mind with them. A temple sealing. 

Anyway, so as we sat in sacrament meeting and sang I stand all amazed as the sacrament hymn. I sat in awe. The grace of Christ is so real. Sometimes we feel hopeless in darkness like clouds. But then the Grace of Christ overpowers as our faith grows or as the sun comes out and the fear and clouds disappear. We see clearer. Nothing bad that happens is permanent if Christ is the center.


Mosiah 16:9 He is the light and the life of the world; yea, a light that is endless, that can never be darkened; yea, and also a life which is endless, that there can be no more death. 


He has paid the price. We just have to apply the Atonement of Christ.

Mosiah 4:2 And they had viewed themselves in their own carnal state, even less than the dust of the earth. And they all cried aloud with one voice, saying: O have mercy, and apply the atoning blood of Christ that we may receive forgiveness of our sins, and our hearts may be purified; for we believe in Jesus Christ, the Son of God, who created heaven and earth, and all things; who shall come down among the children of men.


I stand all amazed at the love he has given me and His amazing Grace. I read a talk by Sheri Dew called Sweet Above all that is Sweet from women’s conference at BYU. It had some amazing insights about unlocking the power of Grace. One line I loved was when she said

I was far to preoccupied with myself. Which is exactly what happens when we try to lift our burdens alone. 

As I have pondered this and my life. The times I have had a challenge or a burden I do the same thing. I’m thinking about myself until I realize and change. I apply the Atonement. I little bit at a time. For me I love to apply the Atonement through service. It really changes everything. I choose to be happy when I serve.


Mosiah 2:17 And behold, I tell you these things that ye may learn wisdom; that ye may learn that when ye are in the service of your fellow beings ye are only in the service of your God.

Mosiah 24:12-16 And Alma and his people did not raise their voices to the Lord their God, but did pour out their hearts to him; and he did know the thoughts of their hearts.
 13 And it came to pass that the voice of the Lord came to them in their afflictions, saying: Lift up your heads and be of good comfort, for I know of the covenant which ye have made unto me; and I will covenant with my people and deliver them out of bondage.
 14 And I will also ease the burdens which are put upon your shoulders, that even you cannot feel them upon your backs, even while you are in bondage; and this will I do that ye may stand as witnesses for me hereafter, and that ye may know of a surety that I, the Lord God, do visit my people in their afflictions.
 15 And now it came to pass that the burdens which were laid upon Alma and his brethren were made light; yea, the Lord did strengthen them that they could bear up theirburdens with ease, and they did submit cheerfully and with patience to all the will of the Lord.
 16 And it came to pass that so great was their faith and their patience that the voice of the Lord came unto them again, saying: Be of good comfort, for on the morrow I will deliver you out of bondage.



We aren’t alone. I have no idea why we were so blessed this week. But the greater thing is that God has prepared hearts to hear the glad message of the Gospel and to make sacred covenants with Him. I love this gospel and I love the Atonement. A change of heart is possible. A little at a time. Day by day. poco a poco (little by little). Everyday by letting the Atonement work through us.

Mathew 11:28-30 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
 29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I ammeek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
 30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.


and Luke 18:27 And he said, The things which are impossible with men are possible with God.

Really an attitude of Gratitude and service can make the cloudiest of days shine!

Love you all!!!

Choose to say yes to happiness!!!
Doctrine and  Covenants 4

Les Quiero mucho!


Hermana Bott


“The Lord works from the inside out. The world works from the outside in. The world would take people out of the slums. Christ takes the slums out of people, and then they take themselves out of the slums. The world would mold men by changing their environment. Christ changes men, who then change their environment. The world would shape human behavior, but Christ can change human nature. …
“Yes, Christ changes men, and changed men can change the world.”5 Pres. Ezra Taft Benson, Teachings of Presidents, Ezra Taft Benson, Chpt 5 Principles of True Repentance
    1. Amazing Grace (My Chains Are Gone)
      Song by Chris Tomlin
    2. Amazing grace
      How sweet the sound
      That saved a wretch like me
      I once was lost, but now I'm found
      Was blind, but now I see
      'Twas grace that taught my heart to fear
      And grace my fears relieved
      How precious did that grace appear
      The hour I first believed
      My chains are gone
      I've been set free
      My God, my Savior has ransomed me
      And like a flood His mercy reigns
      Unending love, amazing grace
      The Lord has promised good to me
      His word my hope secures
      He will my shield and portion be
      As long as life endures
      My chains are gone
      I've been set free
      My God, my Savior has ransomed me
      And like a flood His mercy reigns
      Unending love, amazing grace
      The earth shall soon dissolve like snow
      The sun forbear to shine
      But God, Who called me here below,
      Will be forever mine.
      Will be forever mine
    3. You are forever mine

No comments:

Post a Comment