background

Tuesday, January 6, 2015

The Author of our Growing Faith...YOU CAN CHANGE!!! Happy New Year!

Happy New Year!!! 

This week was FANTASTIC! Being a missionary is seriously the best!!! I love it! So, so, so much happened this week. For more info look at Hermana Nielsen’s post!! (http://hermanaerinnielsen.blogspot.com) She added lots of detail. Hopefully between the 2 of us we do our week justice! Monday we had normal proselyting; Tuesday was pday and we bought the cutest pan for our kitchen its coral and you don’t have to spray it!
Hermana Nielsen in the rain. Hna Bott said the Perúvians say to her Why you wear those ugly boots? You don't need boots here.

 It’s the best! We’ve made a few omelets with it! Wednesday we were in family history and it RAINED cats and dogs so a lot of our appointments fell through but we had one family that braved the rain and came in! They were sooo cute! On Thursday we proselyted and we went and saw Jack a recent convert of about 1 year that reactivated in November. He had been doing so good but he slipped up on the word of wisdom and he hadn’t come to church for 2 weeks. As we taught him, it was actually the word of wisdom that we had planned. What a coincidence... It was so sad to see him avoid our eyes.
Zone together in Ayacucho

I think that must be how Heavenly Father feels when he sees us break the commandments. But, thanks to the Atonement we can change, Jack can change and start again!! Saturday, we had a ton of family history lessons it was awesome such a good day!
Sister Douglas, Hermana Bott and Pres. Douglas for Christmas
Then, yesterday was a Sunday of miracles!!! We left our house in the morning to pick people up for church. We started with the family Machaca, they weren’t home...then we go to a miillion other houses... ok not quite but a lot of other houses.. no one... so we go to church... we walk in and the family Machaca is walking in!! They had left and gone to church without us picking them up! They don’t have a lot and didn’t have anything to pay for transportation so they walked! The parents and 2 of the kids. I was so happy!!! They are fitting right in with the ward!
Last night we went to a p
More from their photo shoot. They were both too busy this week to send pics.
art member family with the bishop and some other members to give a blessing to the dad who Angel who is an investigator and it was so powerful. (From Hna Nielsen’s blog)
So I need to tell you about Angel! He is a new investo we have. His wife is a member, and they have  4 kids and only one is baptized. AND THEY ARE MARRIED, that never happens. We have been teaching Angel and he is super golden! The sweetest peruvian Ive ever met! So nice.,I just love him so much. Well he had a brain tumor and has had 3 different surgeries trying to fix it, so right now he doesnt have a part of his bone on the top of his head and he is in soo much pain! He can barely walk because everything just hurts.
I am a Child of God, and He has sent me HERE
We shared a little thought then they gave him the blessing. We weren’t there a long time but I felt physically, spiritually and mentally drained! The priesthood is real and it does heal. I know that God directs His church and that He has given me and many others the blessing to serve missions. He really doesn’t need us. He could do whatever He wanted. But, He has given us, His children, the opportunity to learn for ourselves, to learn of His son and His Atonement. No, life’s not and were not perfect. But, He sees us as who we will be someday. I’m so grateful to be a missionary for the Lord.

A scripture that I loved this week was Proverbs 23:7 for as he thinketh in his heart so is he. I also thought a lot of the words in I am a Child of God. 
I am a Child of God and He has sent ME HERE. He has sent us all to our families and circumstances that are perfect for us. Sometimes I wonder how Gods children here in Peru can live as some of them do. It is so sad. Sometimes it hurts to see them the way we see them, but what gives me comfort is that He sent His son to succor the needs of the people. Christ suffered for us. No matter our circumstances or sins or weaknesses. We can CHANGE. We can be better. I know we can! Alma 7 verses 11-12 and D&C 62 verse 1.
There is unfairness in life but Christ came to know how to succor His people ALL things will be made right through the Atonement of Christ. His gospel gives us the chance to CHANGE! It’s the great gift we have! That is the doctrine of Christ. CHANGE. I love a song that says wrap your mistakes and weaknesses in a cocoon and become a butterfly... YOU CAN CHANGE!! It’s a beautiful thing! In this New Year and new beginning we can change and get rid of fear, mistakes or whatever it is that holds us back. I love this gospel and my family a lot! We can be eternal because we have the blessings of the Temple! 

Love you!
Hermana Bott
Miracle of the Week- Fam Machaca and Angel

Remember who you are and whose you are! You have a lot of Potential!!! You’re a child of Divinity!

No comments:

Post a Comment