background

Tuesday, January 13, 2015

And I danced in the rain...I let my dreams know I hadn't forgotten them


Hello Kaysville! 

It was an awesome week!! Just to sum it up we had a great family home evening with the family Machaca on Monday then we went to Lima for Concilio (council) where we learned how to teach better, it was so awesome! Pres. Douglas and Sis Douglas are the best!! Seriously, I feel so blessed and lucky to work with them. Then, when we had a few hours after before the bus left for Ayacucho we went to the temple! Oh I love the temple so much! After we returned, we worked like normal the rest of the week.

From concilio, the talk it was based on was from Elder Bednar called Teaching in the Lords Way. It was very good. 
 
taken from Hna Nielsen's blog. Picture with a family
So, Hermana Nielsen and I have been listening to the talks I brought... thanks dad... and they have really had some good insight! It’s been interesting to see patterns as you listen to speaker after speaker... for example...
Pres. Uchtdorf talks a lot about gratitude, attitude, being happy, light etc. just some of our observations.
Pres. Monson obedience, courage, doing what’s right.
Pres. Eyring, being a good priesthood holder, potential, light, lifting burdens.
It’s been very interesting. But, I really liked some quotes that Pres. Monson quoted, they are both from Lion King...
1.      Oh yes the past can hurt but you can either run from it or learn from it.
2.       You are more than what you have become. 
 
At the temple 
This past week I have been studying repentance and I thought both of those quotes fit perfect with it. Change is one of the essences of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Repentance is a change of thought or view about oneself, God, and about the world. As we ask for forgiveness and ask to see other people’s needs. He will change our hearts so we can have this mighty change of heart. I loved what someone said... can’t remember who.... sorry... the Gospel of Jesus Christ is to make bad men good and good men better (I looked it up Discourses of Brigham Young, 6, also used by Pres. Hinckley often and Elder Bednar).

Our goal is to progress to learn and to change to become more like God’s son, Jesus Christ. I loved the scripture
Moroni 8:8 and 26
Listen to the words of Christ, your Redeemer, your Lord and your God. Behold, I came into the world not to call the righteous but sinners to repentance; the whole need no physician, but they that are sick; wherefore, little children are whole, for they are not capable of committing sin; wherefore the curse of Adam is taken from them in me, that it hath no power over them; and the law of circumcision is done away in me.
 26 And the remission of sins bringeth meekness, and lowliness of heart; and because of meekness and lowliness of heart cometh the visitation of the Holy Ghost, which Comforter filleth with hope and perfect love, which love endureth by diligence unto prayer, until the end shall come, when all the saints shall dwell with God.

As we repent we will develop these Christ like attributes that we desire as we put off the natural man or woman.
Mosiah 3:19 For the natural man is an enemy to God, and has been from the fall of Adam, and will be, forever and ever, unless he yields to the enticings of the Holy Spirit, and putteth off the natural man and becometh a saint through the atonement of Christ the Lord, and becometh as a child 

We will love more and see people as Children of God and with their true and divine potential. 
 
Hermana's with llamas
Yesterday, in sacrament the man who was speaking posed the question...

Donde queremos ir? Where do we want to go? 

Do we know who God wants and expects us to become. Do we know what we want? Do we want light or darkness, happiness or sadness. The choice is ours. We have the amazing gift of agency and God will NEVER take that away. He will always honor our agency. Therefore, we can decide the person we will become. Closer to Christ and a follower of Christ. Or a follower of Satan. The choice is ours. As we make goals and act we will be blessed with divine help from God, and the enabling power of the Atonement of Jesus Christ. 

We are children holding hands around the world!!! I love that primary song!

(Funny story about Emily and this song: when she was 11 almost 12 she was the only girl her age left in primary with a few boys. She had to stand between them and hold hands. When it said the above phrase they had to lift their linked hands up above their heads. She was mortified that she had to touch a boys hand and 11 year old boys have gross fingernails and not necessarily clean hands, she was totally grossed out and her face showed it through the Primary Program:)
 
We already used this one, but when she doesn't send pics I find what I can that goes with what she is talking about
Funny story from yesterday- it was POURING... literally, and it was about 8 at night. We went to contact a reference of a family and the guy looked at us after we had introduced ourselves as missionaries.. Looked at us and said, “how late do you guys work in this.” Us- “til 9” Him- “and you work every day in this....” Us- “Yep"! And we really like it!!” Well, now we have an appointment for Saturday. 

So as we walked home in the pouring rain we sang Singing in the Rain.... but we could only remember the words I’m singin in the rain, I’m singin in the rain, what a glorious feelin I’m happy again... it was a good night last night! I know that God answers prayers, even the mundane and ones we think He wouldn’t care about but I know he does care!!!

You are a child of God, which makes you of noble and royal birthright! Remember who you are and whose you are!

Love you! Make it a Happy Week!


Hermana Bott

No comments:

Post a Comment