So
Happy Birthday Ruth! Let me tell you I have the best sister ever!
This
week was great!!! Family History is coming surely but slowly.... haha. No, I
love it. We had a convert couple go to the temple this past week to do
baptisms. It is not an easy thing here in Ayacucho to go to the temple. It’s a
12 hour bus ride from 8 at night to 8 in the morning! And it’s all switch
backs.... Talk about sacrifice. But in our area tonight we have plans for an
awesome family... Flor and her husband they will be new investigators tonight.
This week we also had a family from Huanta come in and they were baptized two
weeks ago and are perfect!!
I finished the Book of
Mormon this morning in Spanish for the first time! The Book of Mormon is true! It’s
a good book. You feel the spirit of God when you read it. It makes you want to
be better and come closer to Christ. I got a cute letter from a really cute
girl I know and Love a lot. In part of her letter she said, “I haven’t even finished
the Book of Mormon yet, and I know it’s true! I can’t deny that feeling I get
when I read it and I can’t deny how much better my days have gotten by reading
it.”
I love that it’s true! I
know it’s true! I read a scripture this week that I loved but I can’t remember
where it is haha but it said something like God is the Father of light or we
are children of light or something like that. It was very profound.
1 Thessalonians5: 5 Ye are all the children of
light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness
(Here was one that works, probably not the one she read though)
I love the quote: “Our
deepest fear is not that we are inadequate our deepest fear is we are powerful beyond
measure. It is our light not our darkness that most frightens us.... We were
born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It’s not just in some
of us it’s in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously
give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own
fear, our presence automatically liberates others.”
Marianne Williamson
It’s true! The gospel is
true! If you don’t feel the love of your Heavenly Father, pray, you will feel
His presence. He is your loving Heavenly Father. That is the amazing and joyful
message that the Gospel of Jesus Christ shares. He lives and Loves us, His
imperfect yet divine and glorious children!
| Pan Wawa (Pan Wawa translates to baby bread its a huge tradition here because saturday was dia de vivos and yesterday was dia de los muertos) and Hot Chocolate Happy Halloween! |
Miracle
of the week! There was a double
rainbow yesterday and it was SOO beautiful I wish I had had my camera, but I
have the memory!!
Love you!!
Hermana Bott
Full Quote by Marianne Williamson:
“Our deepest fear is not that
we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It
is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who
am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not
to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world.
There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel
insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to
make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us;
it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give
other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear,
our presence automatically liberates others.”
― Marianne Williamson, A Return to Love: Reflections on the Principles of "A Course in Miracles"
― Marianne Williamson, A Return to Love: Reflections on the Principles of "A Course in Miracles"
No comments:
Post a Comment