background

Monday, November 10, 2014

Come unto Christ

Good Morning!
 
Ride to Huanta
We had a great week this week!!! Family history was good! The stake had a family history fair and there were more investigators and nonmembers than members... so like 30 total! Ha-ha their improving... Hermana Jameson and I are laughing as I’m writing this because it’s really funny.
 
Drive to Huanta
We went to HUANTA this week!!! It was a beautiful experience!! The elders had everything planned out and their people were all ready. There is a family there named Kelly and Edgar. They’re converts of a few weeks and they are really getting going on family history. They are so cute. I love being able to work with all of the converts. The car ride was beautiful it was about 1 hour of switch backs! I loved it!! I got some good pics!
Drive to Huanta
 
Drive to Huanta
This week I’ve been thinking a lot about perfectionism. There’s a great article about it in the July 2014 Ensign, (Becoming Perfect in Christ). Mistakes really are so amazing... we have the chance to change... which is the doctrine of Christ.... CHANGE.  As hard as it is. Heavenly Father sent us here knowing we wouldn’t be perfect and that’s the reason that He sent His son. The strongest and best act of Love, the Atonement. I’m so grateful for the Atonement. I was reading a talk about grace from Sheri Dew from women’s conference at BYU. It was very insightful. I had to ask myself... How good is my relationship with my Savior... I have to admit I have a long way to go.
Sisters and Elders in Ayacucho


But as we learn and live to be like Him, the most supreme and best role model, we will have His Grace and His Angels surrounding us to help us do things we couldn’t do on our own. I love the song Come unto Christ.. it’s the theme for this year (youth of the church).. the message is beautiful in it. The invitation to Come unto Christ is an invitation to become better, to become more, to become a disciple of Him. 
Not sure about the forehead drawings, must have some meaning

To be strong and powerful, a light upon a Hill that cannot be hid. It’s easier said than done but, I love the Atonement and I am so grateful for it. I love this quote I think by Pres Uchdorf that says the first step toward potential is acknowledging your weaknesses (“Lord is it I”, LDS.org, Oct. 2014). I love you! Here are some scriptures I love.
Lots of colorful rooms in their house, Makes things cheery

28Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest . 
29Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart : and ye shall find rest unto your souls. 
30For my yoke is easy , and my burden is light. 

Moroni 10: 32-33

·         Book of Mormon
32Yea, come unto Christ, and be perfected in him, and deny yourselves of all ungodliness; and if ye shall deny yourselves of all ungodliness, and love God with all your might, mind and strength, then is his grace sufficient for you, that by his grace ye may be perfect in Christ; and if by the grace... 
33And again, if ye by the grace of God are perfect in Christ, and deny not his power, then are ye sanctified in Christ by the grace of God, through the shedding of the blood of Christ, which is in the covenant of the Father unto the remission of your sins , that ye become holy , without spot. 
Hermana Bott and Hermana Jameson in their cheery house

Mosiah 24: 14-16

·         Book of Mormon
14And I will also ease the burdens which are put upon your shoulders, that even you cannot feel them upon your backs, even while you are in bondage; and this will I do that ye may stand as witnesses for me hereafter, and that ye may know of a surety that I, the Lord God, do visit my people in... 
15And now it came to pass that the burdens which were laid upon Alma and his brethren were made light; yea, the Lord did strengthen them that they could bear up their burdens with ease, and they did submit cheerfully and with patience to all the will of the Lord. 
16And it came to pass that so great was their faith and their patience that the voice of the Lord came unto them again, saying: Be of good comfort, for on the morrow I will deliver you out of bondage. 

Moroni 6: 4

·         Book of Mormon
4And after they had been received unto baptism, and were wrought upon and cleansed by the power of the Holy Ghost, they were numbered among the people of the church of Christ; and their names were taken, that they might be remembered and nourished by the good word of God, to keep them in the... 


Have a great week!!
Love
Hermana Bott

No comments:

Post a Comment