background

Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Roses and Thorns Grow Together

Hello everyone! It is beautiful and sunny here in Ayacucho! It sometimes just literally POURS out rain. But, its beautiful.
Pics this week are from the internet. She hasn't been able to send us any. This is in Ayacucho though.

There is always something in our lives that we have to be grateful for.  Like Hilary weeks sings in her song, Roses and Thorns grow together. Don't worry I'm not struggling mom haha. I've just been thinking a lot about opposition. It's part of the plan. We have to taste the bitter so we can enjoy the sweet. I loved conference yesterday.(because of the election in Perú they watched conference a week late) We got to watch it in English! Hermana Jameson and I were so happy we could listen in English. 
If you haven't had a chance to listen to conference here is a link
                          https://www.lds.org/general-conference/sessions/2014/10?cid=HPTH100914477&lang=eng

I'm just going to recap a little of what I learned. One theme that I learned throughout conference was come unto me, come follow me... all of these phrases that the Savior invites us to learn of Him. It is so amazing that as we come to know that He lives and loves us our very existence changes. Change is one of the greatest gifts that we have from our Heavenly Father. As we give our will to the Father, He will make us a master painting that we could never make on our own. But it's hard sometimes to do this. LIFE is HARD, the gospel is not. When we feel we are at the end of hope, we have hope. We have the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Elder Holland told of a great swimmer that once said, "I kick when I don't want to kick and I stroke when I don't want to stroke." Enduring to the end joyfully is part of our journey. 
Ayacucho has bull fighting

As much as it hurts sometimes here because so many people don't want to listen it really is a joyful thing to know that Heavenly Father Loves them. Charity is the pure love of Christ. Pres. Monson said in the last general conference that "love is the very essence of the Gospel of Jesus Christ." As we live the gospel of Jesus Christ we become more like Him and develop attributes of light, love, power, confidence, happy, trustworthy, hardworking, honest, generous, comfortable with ourselves etc. We become Disciples of Jesus Christ. Where our desires are is what we will become. I love the gospel and I feel so blessed and grateful that we have a living prophet who receives revelation and guidence for us and the Apostles that give us direction and that we have the opportunity to learn from them every 6 months.
love the Book of Mormon

John 13:35 By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another

Alma 29:4-5 I ought not to harrow up in my desires the firm decree of a just God, for I know that he granteth unto men according to their desire , whether it be unto death or unto life; yea, I know that he allotteth unto men, yea, decreeth unto them decrees which are unalterable, according to their wills ,... 
Yea, and I know that good and evil have come before all men; he that knoweth not good from evil is blameless ; but he that knoweth good and evil, to him it is given according to his desires, whether he desireth good or evil, life or death, joy or remorse of conscience . 
This is a hotel

Now, for Ayacucho! It is super dry here its a lot like Utah but higher up. The stake center is beautiful it's Spanish architecture and is beautiful. Our area is poor but it's somehow very enchanting because of the Spanish influence. I feel like I'm in Europe sometimes. It is beautiful there is the city center that looks like Park City but prettier and a great mercado (market) that I'm pretty sure I'm going to spend way to much money at because there is super cute authentic cheap Perúvian bags, blankets etc, etc.
Working on Family History! Thanks mom for remembering my password

Ayacucho is in the land of the mountains it is beautiful. we will be working 4 days in the stake center for family history and 3 days in our area. We are still trying to figure out what we need to do but this is the first week so pray that it will work!! 
The red dotted line marks my 10 hour bus ride from Lima to Ayacucho. (It is near Machu Picchu)

Love you!

Hermana Bott

No comments:

Post a Comment