background

Monday, May 19, 2014

Solo para que sepa esta semana fue lo maximo!!!!!!! This week was seriously so good!!!!!!!!

Hna Merren and Hna Bott , Wondering if you would like to learn more about the Book of Mormon? 
 We had a busy week! The highlights: we went to Bujama for P-day and I got a ton of sea shells!! Thanks for the pb bottle!! I’m going to put them in it so that I can save them! Hopefully haha! Alex and Kety are strong spirits. Their story is like what you read in the ensign. Seriously. They were living with Kety’s family but her mom was mad they got married and baptized so she kicked them out of the house and fired Kety. So they are having many tribulations but they know that the gospel can strengthen them. They are sharing the gospel it’s awesome. Alex’s fam lives in Cerro Azul and his sister is menos activo and his mom is our investigator with a baptism date for June 21!!! She is awesome! Her husband, Alex’s dad, died a few years ago and the family struggled after he died and her kids went wayward but now, Alex has been baptized she tells us how much he has changed!!! It’s awesome! Yay! Dina, his mom, and veronica, his sister and all their kids and grandkids came to church yesterday!!!!!!!!!!!!! 


Jessica and hna Bott at the wedding

We were so so so so happy. Yesterday we had a conference of the district so all the ramas (branchs) of Mala, Imperial, Ghuilmina, and Cañete. It was the best. Pres and sis Douglas came and spoke in all the meetings. We had like a calling tree thing with our leaders this week to have menos activos and investigators at the conference and it was successful we had so many in church. We are going to continue to do this so that they can keep attending. I loved Hna Douglas’ talk on sat night to the women and the young women. It was based from elder Bednar’s talk in women’s conf (not sure what talk she is speaking about I couldn’t remember him speaking at the general Women’s meeting) which we weren’t able to see so I was so glad she talked about it. She emphasized the importance of patterns. Patterns of teaching your children to read scriptures and pray every day, and to go to church every Sunday. She said as a young mother she remembered being at church wondering why she was there because she wasn’t learning anything because her kids were crazy. Then she realized that it wasn’t about her it was to teach her children patterns. The pattern of always going to church. She bore a strong testimony. I love a quote by an apostle SMALL HINGES SWING BIG GATES.

              

Have you ever looked at one of those 16-foot farm gates? When it is opened, it swings very wide. The end at the hinges moves ever so slightly, while out at the perimeter the movement is great. It is the little things upon which life turns that make the big difference in our lives, my dear young friends. (A Prophet's Counsel and Prayer for Youth, President Gordon B. Hinkley, Jan 2001)

 
Emily and Mary in San Diego 2013
Mothers examples to their daughters are important. I’m so grateful for my mom and for her sacrificing her time and energy to teach me patterns. I’m here because of her. Well and my awesome dad!! I love them! I’m also grateful for Hermana Merren, changes are soon and we won’t be together after this change, changes are June 2. Anyway I love her with all my heart. I have learned so much from her. I couldn’t have asked for a better trainer. I will always look up to her. She is the best! I have a testimony of this gospel. I love it. Sisters We Can DO It!!! Podemos Hacerlo!!!!
Hna Bott, 2nd Row 2nd in, Sister and Elder Grow and Pres. and Hna Douglas on front row. Hna Merren 2nd row, 2nd from end. Everyone else is a mystery to me (Mary)


Jacob 4: 15-16
15 And now I, Jacob, am led on by the Spirit unto prophesying; for I perceive by the workings of the Spirit which is in me, that by the stumbling of the Jews they will reject the stone upon which they might build and have safe foundation.
 16 But behold, according to the scriptures, this stone shall become the great, and the last, and the only sure foundation, upon which the Jews can build.

Love,

Hermana Bott



(Too Cute to pass up I had to add this to Emily's Blog. This is the email she got from Annie and Jake this week)

I made  CUPCAKES   TO  DAY!
I MADE VEGAN CUPCAKES. DO YOU REMEMBER WHEN WE MADE VEGAN CUPCAKES TOGETHER. THESE ARE FOR MY CLASS AT SCHOOL. THIS IS MY TALENT FOR THE TALENT SHOW. RUTH HELPED ME MAKE A POWER POINT TOO.
LOVE  ANNIE
I LOST A TOOTH TODAY! AND I HAVE A WIGGLY TOOTH. ON FRIDAY I WENT CAMPING WITH DAD AT THE FATHERS AND SONS. I WENT TO CAMP SHAWNEE. I SLEPT IN THE LODGE WITH DAD (AND BORUPS AND SATCHWELLS). I WENT ON A HIKE WITH BODEE AND AUGGIE, AND JAKE CHRISTIANSEN.


LOVE JAKE

No comments:

Post a Comment