background

Monday, May 12, 2014

Faith and Hope through the Atonement

Hi all,

This is short because I got to talk to you yesterday! Yay!
Happy Mother's Day! Best 10 min Skype ever. But it kept cutting out so we talked on the phone instead. Hopefully next time skype will work. But she sounds really good
I think that smile says it all! She glowed. 

That was literally the best thing ever! I loved it. This week was great! I loved it! We had a great p-day in Cerro Azul. Seriously, it is a tourist beach that is in hna Merren and my area and the whole zone went there we ate fish! So yummy! We walked on the board walk! We watched surfers and we got some referrals of people to teach! Even better! Yay! It was so relaxing! We took pics it was a great p-day! Wednesday we had a conference with Elder Grow. It was amazing! He talked about the importance of families and finding the chosen families to teach the gospel to. It is so important! He also spoke about the atonement. Before the conference pres. Douglas had us read a conference talk he gave called The Miracle of The Atonement. It was really good. He also spoke about reading the book of Mormon as a family. It is so important to read the book of Mormon as a family. He promised if you read the book of Mormon together as a family everyday your family will be strengthened and have protection against the adversary. I love a scripture in 3 Nephi 18: 19-21

19 Therefore ye must always pray unto the Father in my name;
 20 And whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, which is right, believing that ye shall receive, behold it shall be given unto you.
 21 Pray in your families unto the Father, always in my name, that your wives and your children may be blessed.

about praying as a family and I love Alma 31:5 

 5 And now, as the preaching of the word had a great tendency to lead the people to do that which was just—yea, it had had more powerful effect upon the minds of the people than the sword, or anything else, which had happened unto them—therefore Alma thought it was expedient that they should try the virtue of the word of God.

about the power of the book of Mormon. I have a testimony of the book of Mormon. I know it is true, it gives me peace, happiness, and hope that I can change and become better through the atonement of Jesus Christ. The Atonement gives us hope we can change! It’s amazing to see investigators and menos activos (less active) keep their compromisos (committments) and change their lives and see the light in their eyes. Jennifer, a menos activos, came to church yesterday and she brought a friend! Score! It was awesome! I love her she is so cute she is 16 years old and the only member in her family she is awesome!! I love this gospel and I am glad I can be here. Thank you for your support and prayers! Cañete, Perú is the best ever!

Love,
Hermana Bott

No comments:

Post a Comment