| Sisters in action |
Wow!!
This week was sooo good!!! We had interviews with President Douglas this week.
I love President and Hermana Douglas sooo much. I have learned so much from
them. It’s weird to have everything wrapping up for them but I’m excited to
learn from pte and Sis McGinn.
We are being really
blessed right now in our area. Our investigators are doing great. They are all
reading, praying, going to church and looking with real intent. So I keep
asking myself, what is the change in
them? Why have they changed? Well, this transfer with Hermana bond I have
learned so much but one thing more than anything that we have learned is that the
Doctrine of Jesus Christ is the remedy for any problem in life. Faith in Jesus
Christ and His Atonement, Repentance, baptism and other covenants or renewing
them, receiving the Holy Ghost and enduring to the end. I love the doctrine and
I know that it changes us as we study and live it. I am not ashamed of the Gospel
of Jesus Christ.
Romans 1:16-17 For I am not ashamed of
the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to
every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.
17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed fromfaith
to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.
We listened to a talk by
Elder Perry yesterday called The Gospel of Jesus Christ. One thing that stuck
out to me was he talked about how often we get caught up in good things but not
in the best things. We let good things distract us from what is most important.
So what is most important? It is found in ordinances. Baptism and the temple.
We have to have the perfect end in mind
Like a recipe book there
are pictures of perfect recipes. When we attempt them and they don’t go as
planned we try again because we have the end in mind and the example to follow.
I know the doctrine changes us. As we apply the Atonement and the doctrine we
put off the natural man or woman
Mosiah 3:19 For the natural man is an enemy to God, and
has been from the fall of Adam, and will be, forever and ever, unless he yields
to the enticings of the Holy Spirit , and putteth off the natural man and
becometh a saint through the atonement of Christ the Lord, and becometh as a
child
I know that repentance
helps us to change it is joyous! In pmg (Preach my Gospel) it says on page 62
it says- Sincere repentance brings several results. We feel God’s forgiveness
and His peace in our lives. Our guilt and sorrow are swept away. We feel the
influence of the Spirit in greater abundance and when we pass from this life,
we will be more prepared to live with our Heavenly Father and His Son. Repentance
is truly life changing. We can be born again and truly be spirit children of
God. Christ paid the price and completed the will of the Father,
3 Nephi 27:14 And my Father sent me that I might be lifted
up upon the cross ; and after that I had been lifted up upon the cross , that I
might draw all men unto me, that as I have been lifted up by men even so should
men be lifted up by the Father, to stand before me, to be judged of their works,
whether they be good or whether they be evil.
He was obedient to the
Father
2 Nephi 31:7 Know ye not that he was holy? But
notwithstanding he being holy, he showeth unto the children of men that,
according to the flesh he humbleth himself before the Father, and witnesseth
unto the Father that he would be obedient unto him in keeping his commandments.
3 Nephi 11:10-11 Behold, I am Jesus Christ, whom the prophets testified shall come
into the world.
11And behold, I am the
light and the life of the world; and I have drunk out of that bitter cup which
the Father hath given me, and have glorified the Father in taking upon me the
sins of the world, in the which I have suffered the will of the Father in all
things from the beginning.
I love this gospel. I
love the Atonement and Doctrine of Christ. I know the gospel is true and that
Joseph Smith restored the true doctrine and authority to the earth.
Have a great week!
Enjoy the pictures! we had to take some for pte so the one where we are walking
all awkwardly was for that haha ;) also I’m going to forward some talks about
the doctrine that we are reading for concilio to be prepared to learn.
Love,
Hermana Bott
No comments:
Post a Comment