So i want to share a little story. So a few months ago when i was with Hermana Jameson in Ayacucho we were visting an hermano named Jack. He was a borracho... Like a borracho.. like the raisins. Anyway, as he accepted the Gospel of Jesus Christ he began to change. When I left Ayacucho he was doing good but still a little iffy. Anyway fast forward to this past saturday and I saw him at the temple!! Ayacucho had come down for a trip! not to mention it is his 2nd time coming in the past few months and as we all know its not that easy or cheap to come down from Ayacucho. So what Changed??
That is what is so interesting to me! It was the Doctrine of Christ and the Atonement of Jesus Christ. When someone accepts, studies and lives the doctrine of Christ they are changed. we are cleaned and healed. I love Alma 60 20-24. The doctrine and atonement clean us from the inside out. There is a song on lds.org that we love called inside out. beauty comes from the heart its something that always starts on the inside, on the inside. Its true as we clean our lives the we are worthy vessels of the spirit and of the light of Christ to shine bright!! The light of CHrist helps us recognize our mistakes and helps us to repent and change.
Hermana Bond shared this poem with me and I loved it!
People are like stained glass windows they sparkle and shine when the sun is out but when the darkness sets in their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light within.
Hermano Jack has completely changed! I really cant describe it but hopefully the picture does a little justice. The doctrine and the Atonement change us. I know that!
I love you! have a great week!
Love,
Hermana Bott



No comments:
Post a Comment