Well
it hasn’t been very long since I have talked with you all! This past week was
really good. Hermana Bond and I are really focused on finding. I love PMG
chapter 9. It says that nothing happens in missionary work until you find. It
is so true. But it totally applies to you all at home too. We can’t share the
gospel if we don’t find someone to share it with first. I loved Elder Ballard’s
talk from a few conferences ago about sharing the gospel. When we were baptized
we promised to share the gospel. I know that through, faith, prayer, fasting,
and opening our mouths we can find Gods children who want to find their way and
who may not even know that they are looking for it.
D&C
29:1 Listen to the voice of Jesus
Christ, your Redeemer, the Great I Am, whose arm of mercy hath atoned for
your sins;
This past week we have
had lots of experiences using the Book of Mormon in street contacts. This book
was written for our times. It shows us how we can successfully meet life’s
challenges and have a happy family. We have a mom and daughter who have
baptismal dates. Milagros and Nicol. I love them a lot. Nicol is so sweet. She
reminds me so much of Anna. She is super smart. She reads the Book of Mormon every
day and she understands it. Anna always understood the Book of Mormon and then
was able to apply it into her life even though she was only 7 when I left. That’s
one thing I love about Anna is she leads by example. That is also something I
love about Nicol. These two little girls lead me a 20 year old girl by their
example.
Mosiah 3:19 rings true
again.
For the natural man is an enemy to God, and has
been from the fall of Adam, and will be, forever and ever, unless he yields to
the enticings of the Holy Spirit , and putteth off the natural man and becometh
a saint through the atonement of Christ the Lord, and becometh as a child
We need to be like small children and we can become saints through the Atonement of Christ. I feel that as we grow older we become more fallen (I think because we have been out of the presence of our Heavenly Father longer and longer, but that’s just my opinion not doctrine) and we have more weaknesses yet we have so much hope as we use the Atonement. I love in
Alma 31:30-31 O Lord God, how long wilt thou suffer that such
wickedness and infidelity shall be among this people? O Lord, wilt thou give me
strength, that I may bear with mine infirmities. For I am infirm, and such
wickedness among this people doth pain my soul.
31O Lord, my heart is exceedingly sorrowful; wilt thou comfort my
soul in Christ. O Lord, wilt thou grant unto me that I may have strength, that
I may suffer with patience these afflictions which shall come upon me, because
of the iniquity of this people.
They recognized their
weaknesses but asked for strength to overcome them. In 2 Nephi 31 we learn that
it is only through the name of Christ that we can return to live with our
Heavenly Father and that we have to live and apply the doctrine. The doctrine
is Faith, repentance, baptism or making of a covenant, recieve the Spirit, and
then endure to the end. we can endure to the end and be obedient to the
comandments of Christ and live a rich, fulfilling and joyful life. I am so
grateful that Christ was obedient (2 Nephi 31:7) to His father and sacrificed
His life so that my family and I can have eternal life. I am so grateful
to be a missionary and be used as an instrument in God’s hands. As we search,
ponder and pray and apply the doctrine of Jesus Christ we will be happy and
have eternal life.
I found a lot of
insights today in 2 Nephi 31-33 if you’re looking for something really good and
uplifting to read :) Love you all lots!!!
Also I love this song
from Hilary Weeks about the woman of Samaria
Come drink of Living
water come drink my friend and you will never thirst.
I love Hermana Bond she
is so loving and Christ like. She doesn’t get stressed but she works SOOOO hard
and she is super obedient. I love her tons!!! She is AMAZING!!!
Sorry lots of random
thoughts. Have a super great week!
Love,
Love,
Hermana Bott

No comments:
Post a Comment