background

Wednesday, February 25, 2015

The Iron Rod is the Word of God

Hi Family! 

This week was great! I’m really liking Ica. It actually isn’t as hot as I thought it would be... Its cloud cover a lot! The ward here is great and super supportive of the missionaries!! So, Ica is a lot like a mini St. George, San Diego, with a little of Las Vegas.... there are a few small casinos... ohh man. Hey but my companion is GREAT! She is so funny and she really helps me with my Spanish. For planning we speak in English so she can learn English. She speaks really well and is improving!
 
Hermana Bott and Hermana Villena 
I do have to say that I miss Hermana Nielsen a ton. She is literally like my sister... I didn’t realize how much I missed her until this past week. I bought her favorite peanuts to send her but then it made me a little melancholy because I wasn’t there to eat them with her... But, its ok I’ll see her sometime! I love her SOOOO much. 
 
a welcome note from Hermana Villena
So lately I’ve really been trying to look for spiritual experiences. There’s like a bunch of spiritual cables above us that are whizzing around but we have to tune our radio in to recognize them. So, one of them this week was when one of the Latino elders that’s new in the mission bore his testimony in English. It was so humble and simple. I felt the spirit very strong! Then I was reading in my journal from last year and I found a part that I had written while I was in the CCM. It says- I am so grateful for this gospel, I can feel the whisperings of the spirit here at the CCM. There’s not big feelings but quiet and comforting. I know Sarah is here and helping me when she can, I love her.  I love my family and I’m not homesick because this is where I’m meant to be. I love the mission. Yes, it’s hard and stressful. But I love it! As Monica Bailey says there is no comfort in the growth zone and there is no growth in the comfort zone. The more we make connections with these spiritual cables the stronger our testimonies grow.
 
Pic from her apartment
So on Saturday we received a reference and we went and contacted it. We met Atala, she is a single mom with 2 kids and LOTS of problems. She said that she has been passing hard things and she was at the point of just wanting to die. It was super sad but she said we were 2 little angels that came to her door. She then went to church and last night we went to visit her and she said at church she felt something she hasn’t felt before! It was the spirit. Her process of conversion has begun and she will be baptized the 14th of March. 

February is the month of love and friendship! I love February, really I think it’s my favorite month... It’s just so... Happy! President Douglas sent all the Hermana’s roses on Saturday. It was so nice of him! Here are some scriptures I really enjoyed this week. Alma 26:13. The word of God really does change us. The Iron Rod is the word of God. When we study and live the doctrine of Christ we change! 
 
Happy Valentines to the Hermana's from Pres. Douglas
Alma 30:2 Now their dead were not numbered because of the greatness of their numbers; neither were the dead of the Nephites numbered—but it came to pass after they had buried their dead, and also after the days of fasting, and mourning, and prayer, (and it was in the sixteenth year of the reign of the judges over the people of Nephi) there began to be continual peace throughout all the land.
 
Parents Mi Familia Page
Alma 7:11-12 And he shall go forth, suffering pains and afflictions and temptations of every kind; and this that the word might be fulfilled which saith he will take upon him the pains and the sicknesses of his people.
 12 And he will take upon him death, that he may loose the bands of death which bind his people; and he will take upon him their infirmities, that his bowels may be filled with mercy, according to the flesh, that he may know according to the flesh how to succor his people according to their infirmities.
 
look closely at the pic with sisters forever Ruth switched Hermana Nielsen's face and put her face in it and sent it back to Emily. 
Alma 42:4 And thus we see, that there was a time granted unto man to repent, yea, a probationary time, a time to repent and serve God.
 
Jakes Mi Familia page



Alma 26:13 Behold, how many thousands of our brethren has he loosed from the pains of hell; and they are brought to sing redeeming love, and this because of the power of his word which is in us, therefore have we not great reason to rejoice?
 
Mi Familia
Love you lots! Heavenly Father and Christ live and know each and every one of us no matter where we are!!
Alma 26:37 Now my brethren, we see that God is mindful of every people, whatsoever land they may be in; yea, he numbereth his people, and his bowels of mercy are over all the earth. Now this is my joy, and my great thanksgiving; yea, and I will give thanks unto my God forever. Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment