Hola Familia,
I’m near the beach but can’t see it from Cañete. But I will see it today when we go to the beach to throw eggs (March 17). I will send pics next week!
![]() |
| Here is a pic I found on the internet of Cañete (maybe, MB) |
It is very poor here but hna Merren and I have a
very nice apartment that I love. It is on the fourth floor and so we have a
little court yard on top that I was able to jump rope and do sprints on today. Our
apartment is pink, purple, and green!!!! It is soooo cute!!! It is small but
the showers are warm and it isn’t gross. The town is extremely poor though. Pray
that I will adjust quickly. I have already adjusted a lot but still have a long
way to go. The further up the mountain you go the poorer it is they are called
dwellings because people just start living there. We do a lot of walking which
I like I am finally not sore anymore. I was so-so sore the first few days but
my body is adjusting. It’s good that we walk so much and that we can workout
because on Sat and Sun we eat with members for lunch and dinner and they give
you soooooooooooooooooooo much food. It’s
all carbs.
![]() |
(I found some Peruvian Spaghetti picks online, want to guess which one she may be eating? MB)
I might come home never wanting rice, noodles or potatoes again!!!
haha. So luckily I walk a lot. hna Merren is from a small town in Utah. She is
really nice. I love her. She is very positive and patient with me. hna Jessica
Macha is a member that is 19 and turning her papers in in June. She comes with
us almost every time we proselyte. It is a joy when she comes she helps me with
my Spanish and she makes me smile. I really like both of them. The food I ate
with members was spaghetti like stuff that was literally a mountain of
spaghetti. Literally. I tried coke from a glass bottle at a member’s house and
it was actually not bad but I will not get addicted here! More spaghetti stuff.
Chinese rice. Soup before all the carb stuff so lots of food sat and sun. I
love it here! Thanks for letting me come and learn the Peruvian ways. It is
very different from Utah especially Kaysville. I’ll come home and pretty much
nothing in Utah will gross me out or scare me. I am well taken care of. Thank
you for teaching me to pray and read my scriptures often and to be good.
Love,
Emily


No comments:
Post a Comment